Reg. Shetlands and Purebred Cochin Bantams

Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Day of Lambs

Yesterday was quite the day for lambing at the Wild Air Farm! Two ewes finally had their babies. The first one was expected, she had gone off grain that morning and was separating herself from the flock. The second one was my ewe Rosie, who I did not expect to lamb until early May! Minnie gave us two stunning girls, Florence is the black and white HST and Phoebe is a black gorgeous gulmoget (both of them I expect to be grays once their lamb fleece grows out). Rosie gave us a little ewe lamb, who we are calling Daffodil (Daffy for short).
I have not had this many ewe lambs on the farm since my first year lambing. I am headed home from college to see them this weekend and cannot wait :)
The sire to all my lambs this year is Bard, and he has done a wonderful job. Although, the running joke on the farm at the moment is he seems to have introduced skeleton facial marking! That being said, I am super happy with all the lambs, and our last ewe should give us more very soon.
Florence and  Phoebe fresh from the womb
Phoebe drinking from Minnie

They have such sweet faces!

Rosie's baby Daffy


Daffy

No comments:

Post a Comment