Reg. Shetlands and Purebred Cochin Bantams

Thursday, July 24, 2014

North East Youth Sheep Show

This past weekend we made our way out the NEYSS at the Eastern States Exposition! It was loads of fun and filled with the best people :) We made out really well this year and I couldn't be happier with the results.
My border Leicester, who I bought from the farm of Colin Sigmound, got first place yearling ewe and champion white Border Leicester!

Rosie was placed as first place ewe lamb out of a class of 15 other lambs.

She went into the champion round however lost to the other yearling ewes in the ring. However, this picture represents all things wonderful in the sheep world. All four of us are the Bolton crew, these girls are some of my closest friends and to have them all in a champion round with their own sheep was more rewarding to me than any champion ribbon.

Rosie did get her time to shine though after she won best headed ewe

My ram lambs did fabulous and were placed first and second out of another 15 head class. I was blown away and super happy about these two.

Together they went on to win first place pair of ram lambs

Remy even won reserve champion ram!

Overall an awesome show with good competition! I cant wait till the next fair :) Bolton is in about three weeks!


2 comments:

  1. I was just at the Big E showing horses at the 4-H show last week and happened to fall in love with some sheep I saw. Would they happen to be yours? The sign above the pen said Wild Air Farm so I came home and Googled it. I went back several times to talk to someone and see if they were for sale but never found anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are indeed mine! I'm sorry to have missed you, were having a wonderful yet busy week here at the fair. I have several ram lambs still available this fall and I will have a nice crop of lambs in the spring that will be for sale as well. If you're interested my email is montana@airey.us, I would love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete