Reg. Shetlands and Purebred Cochin Bantams

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

LAMBS!

This sunday Izzy finally lambed. After months of waiting they were finally here. Two little girls who are perfect and adorable in everyway. Today is their first day playing with the rest of the sheep, as I let them out with my two other ewes and everyone seems to be getting along great. Both are gulmoget, but neither of them look to be black or shaela. I believe, looking at the minimal amount of wool they have that they will be either a gray or an emsket, somewhere inbetween mom and dad. Poppy has the blettet facial markings just like mom, but hers look like eyebrows. And Eloise has what I believe is a flecket facial marking. Up until this point I hadn't realized that gulmogets could have addtionial markings but I guess they do! Izzy has been being a great mother, and despite her irritation with Minnie, for existing, things have gone smothly.
The twins when we found them in the morning


Eloise on the left and Poppy on the right. Pooppy loves to sleep on that rock:)

Eloise behind Izzy

Poppy


Eloise is in the back and Poppy is up front. (Poppy is a great headrest)

Poppy dosn't like to pose for pictures, but were working on getting a good head shot...

Bea looks like she is getting ready to lamb, her colostrum is in her udder and I am really exited to see how her babies turn out. And I honestly think Minnie is super exited to have the babies around because now she will have someone to play with! They were chacing her earlier and she was having a great time.

1 comment: